Way Public Library: Connecting You to the Community & the World.
In 1875 prominent citizen Willard V. Way passed away leaving his sizeable estate to the Perrysburg community. Mr. Way designated a sum of money for the establishment of a library. The living room of the first librarian, Miss Harriet Hulburd, served as the original library, opening in 1881, and was the first library in Wood County. The library was enlarged in 1959 and again in 1983. The present 45,855-square-foot facility was renovated and enlarged in 2001, for which the 2001 AIA Toledo Architectural Award was presented to Munger Munger + Associates Architects, Inc.
Way Library has stood at its present site since 1892. Its collection holds approximately 113,511 items.
During the past decade, Way Library has been recognized by the Library Journal as a “Five Star Library” and numerous times by the HAPLR national library index as one of the top ten libraries in the nation in our size category. Way Library has also been recognized for exceptional programming, staff and service by the Ohio Library Council.
These honors are made possible by community support, a dedicated staff and our Board of Trustees. The trustees and staff work hard to provide a wide variety of materials, special services, and programs on a daily basis in the most cost-efficient manner.
The Way Public Library is an essential part of the Perrysburg community. More than 25,000 patrons visit Way each month and check out 705,000 items annually. The library processes over 700 meeting room reservations per year and provides public computers that are used more than 3,500 times per month. In addition, Way offers more than 500 programs for adults, teens and children that are attended by more than 10,000 patrons annually.
For more information about Way Public Library, please visit their official website at http://waylibrary.info